Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ticker Time #1...

As you can see above, I have received my credit card statements, assessed the damage, and updated my Ticker.

I have also added 3 new tickers to demonstrate where I am actually making progress considering I almost threw up at the sight of only $56 being paid on my debt principal this month.

As you can see the trouble lies with Credit Card #2, which actually went up. I forgot about this, but I had a major bill ($1430) that I had to pay for work. This will be reimbursed, but has not been done as of this point. Phew!!! I thought I rambled on for a month for nothing!!!

As you can see, however, this is going to be a large number of baby steps before I get anywhere. Interest will kill you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on facing your debt and kicking off this payment plan! I'm in a similar situation, only the amounts in question (and income stream, I'm sure!) are a bit lower. I, too, am both trying to reduce my outgoing expenses and create a side income to my principle job.

For side income, I am trying to turn my hobby of photography into a little money, and also selling household items on Craigslist.

The best success I've had reducing expenses was with our car insurance! We shopped that around, and cut our insurance costs by almost 25%. Next up- I think we're going to switch gym memberships to save an extra $50/ month.

Good luck with your project! I look forward to following your progress.