Friday, September 26, 2008

Christmas in September...

My budget got a nice little reprieve this week My husband's family has decided to draw names for the kids for Christmas, which now means that instead of the regular eight children (not including my own) that I have to buy for, I now only have to shop for two! Plus, they decided to put a cap on the present cost to make it "fair." WooooooHooooo!

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Christmas! And this is actually a little bit upsetting, as Christmas shopping, especially for children, is probably the best part. Every year my husband and I go to Toys R Us and spend hours trying out all the toys and deciding what to buy. It really makes you never want to grow up (if you ever really do).

However, this is a nice break on my tight budget. Plus, the money I save can go on my debt, or to the unexpected Christmas expenses that always seem to creep up, no matter how prepared you think you are!!

Beware - Month 1 credit card bills are coming!!

No comments: