Friday, September 12, 2008

My first mistake....

So this whole debt repayment plan was not just come up with in August, I've actually been trying to make positive changes since the beginning of the year. August was really just my day of reckoning with the full extent of the damage.

Although I have been in and out debt over the years, I finally figured out one of main reasons for this- I'm working TOO HARD to pay off my debt. That's right, I've been too diligent! My major issue is that I have been putting every penny onto my debt, but forgetting that by paying off my debt with all of my extra funds I didn't have any left over for those extras and suprises.

So therefore I have now started a planned payment plan. I make sure that I put enough away for the major expenses every month so that by the time the actual payment comes around I will have the cash to pay for it. I think I might actually be able to pay for my house and car insurance without charging it.

Therefore, my new plan is to increase my debt (to be paid off in 3 years as indicated before) and try to make extra money instead of diverting the every dollar into debt payment. It may take a little longer, but hopefully it'll break the cycle once and for all.

Stats - No changes from last time.

No comments: