Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Few Depressing Thoughts...

So I had a bit of a sobering experience yesterday. I actually sat down and thought about what I can't have because of my debts. It was really aggravating!! Due to the debt we have accumulated we have essentially locked up over $3000 a month (that is $36000 per year) that we are not allowed to touch for our past indiscretions. Talk about not moving forward!!

My husband and I want to a get a newer, more fuel efficient car. Without our debts this would be a piece of cake. But no dice.

I would like to cut back my working hours in exchange for more mommy hours. Not going to happen at this rate.

Trips? Nope. Basement renovations? Nada. New bedroom furniture? Not a chance. New pair of shoes? No - but maybe if I do a good job with this debt it could be worked out ;)

I know that it is always said to look at the positive side of things to motivate you to action, but apparently looking at the downside can also give you the swift kick that you need.

1 comment:

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Hey better to suffer now and take care of things now than never. What would be worse is you wake up next year and you have more debt because you did nothing today.