Monday, September 29, 2008

Gold Star for the Hubby...

So it has been a good weekend. My husband has now managed to get a new job. However, when I say new, I mean additional. Yep that's right, another income stream into our household! Unfortunately, he doesn't start until the new year, but the good news is the job should pay for his business credit card debt (which if we remember is over half of the total debt) based on the three year pay 0ff plan. This means a little lighter on the cash flow, and if I can still allocate all or least the majority of the existing payments, it will be paid off even sooner. I know, I know, it should all be going to debt, but considering we will still be on track for "the plan" I don't see any reason why I can't take a couple hundred every month to pad the emergency fund and ease the strict grocery budget.

I am so excited for him. Plus, if we can dig ourselves out of this hole a little sooner, I will be ecstatic.

No comments: