Thursday, May 28, 2009

Unrequited Love Letter...

I have not told my husband about my blog. I have considered it, as he is in this boat with me (even though I sometimes think I am doing more rowing than him), but I have decided to keep this as an outlet for myself. I can vent and ramble as much as I want and I don't need to worry about alienating my husband, especially since I need to analyze EVERYTHING and it drives him crazy!

However, although he may never read this I have something to tell him...

"I am really happy how you have taken to our new budget lifestyle. Once you had finally understood what I have been trying to say for several years, you have really taken this whole crisis to heart and have really been trying to help me out. Although some of your naughty spending habits are still alive and try to creep up now and again, you have been diligent on asking me what we can and can't afford instead of just doing what you want. You have put a lot of your plans on hold to help our family and have really tried to find ways to bring some extra income into the household. If you can keep this up I finally think that we are going to get through this, and we will have a brighter future as there is now a light at the end of this tunnel."

For everyone else, thank you for letting me be a little self indulgent.

1 comment:

Money Dieter said...

That is so sweet. Budgeting definitely requires both parties. If one lives frugally and the other spends like a maniac, then you can never get out of debt!